Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon annatto seeds
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 sweet potato, peeled,cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium whole tomatoes, undrained,cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb flounder fillets, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large saucpan over medium-high heat; add annatto seeds and saute for 3 minutes.
- Remove seeds with slotted spoon and discard.
- Add onion to saucepan; saute 2 minutes.
- Add broth, potato, tomatoes and liquid, and thyme.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potato is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using potato masher or kitchen fork, coarsely mash mixture in pan.
- Add peas and flounder; simmer until fish is tender and flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.