Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lovely and very tasty chicken. This does have a bit of a kick to it.
Make and share this Caribbean Style Chicken With a Peanut Brown Sugar Spice Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 10 chicken thighs, skins on bone in
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup finely ground roasted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried chili
- To make the spice rub, combine the peanuts, brown sugar, salt, cayenne, ground bay leaf, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and chilies in a bowl.
- With a small, sharp knife, score each thigh twice on each side, ½-inch deep.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl.
- Add the spice rub and toss to coat evenly.
- Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling.
- Preheat the barbecue to 250ºF/ºC.
- Place a drip pan over heat source and pour in the beer.
- Place the chicken thighs on the side of the BBQ without direct heat.
- Grill the chicken thighs over indirect heat for 40 to 50 minutes or until juices run clear and skin is crispy.
- Remove from the grill, plate and serve.
I had to do this a bit different as Buddha ate the last of the peanuts.... Grrrr (just when I needed them)! I had to use peanut butter for the roasted peanuts, and spread the rub over some cut up bs chicken breasts which I saute'ed 'in' the beer. All this made a wonderful sauce as well as a rub. :) This dish has wonderful flavor and definitely a Caribbean flair with just the right amount of kick. Thanks for posting.