Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a craving for a favorite dish from a restaurant, so I decided to see if I could imitate it at home. Jerk seasoning recommendations for marinating will vary - so check your recipe or bottle to see how long in advance you'll need to prepare the chicken. I use a homemade one that marinates overnight.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon jerk rub
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 6 slices roasted red peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, roasted
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, roasted
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- Apply the jerk rub to the chicken, leaving enough time to marinate as stated by the recipe or bottle you are using.
- When ready to prepare dish, combine the garlic, mayonnaise, and cayenne pepper, and mix well.
- Add the diced roasted red pepper and pulse through a blender or food processor.
- Prepare a pan with nonstick cook spray and cook the chicken over medium heat, flipping it occasionally until it is cooked through.
- Split and toast the wheat buns.
- Spread red pepper mixture over one half and place the cheese slice on the other.
- Top the cheese with the hot chicken, add the roasted peppers, placing a mixture of both kinds on each sandwich, and top with the remaining bun half.
- Enjoy as is, or you can give it a quick 20-30 seconds in the microwave to heat up the roasted peppers, as well.
Very good sandwich. I used regular whole wheat bread and only used green bell peppers. Used packaged jerk seasoning but otherwise made as directed. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious sandwich! I usually don't care for red bell pepper, but roasted they are quite good. I really loved the mayo and garlic.Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT9
Great sandwich. I grilled the chicken and added roasted jalapenos which really made it zippy.