Chicken with a coffe/rum glaze.
Make and share this Caribbean Style Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine sugar, ketchup, rum, lime juice, butter, ginger, coffee granules and allspice in small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil; stir until coffee and sugar blend are dissolved. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Trim chicken of any visible fat. With sharp knife, make two diagonal slits about 1/2-inch deep on the top side of each breast.
- Combine garlic, oil, salt and pepper in small bowl. Rub mixture all over chicken. Arrange chicken slit-side-up on rack in shallow baking pan. Brush chicken with glaze; reserve remaining glaze. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil chicken for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; coat with reserved glaze. Broil for an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Turn chicken over again; coat with glaze. Broil for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are sizzling and brown.