1/3 Photos of Caribbean Style Catfish
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Caution: This recipe includes Almonds; anyone with a nut intolerance should eliminate this product entirely from the recipe. Farm-raised catfish is reported to be naturally low in overall fat and high in protein. Suggested serving with a plain green salad, (olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing); steamed corn on the cob. A lovely, thick-meat fish, enjoyed frequently by our household. A recipe brochure by DELTA PRIDE, picked up at the supermarket, added to my files and referenced frequently for quick cooking meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander or 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- lime peel
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Melt margarine in skillet.
- 3Add green pepper and 2 tbsp onion.
- 4Saute until onion is transparent.
- 5Add almonds, (OPTIONAL) bread crumbs, oregano, one tbsp lime juice, coriander (or parsley), and salt.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Spoon filling down centre of each catfish fillet.
- 8Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- 9In shallow baking pan, combine remaining 2 tbsp onion, water, garlic, bay leaf, red pepper and remaining 3 tbsp lime juice.
- 10Place catfish in pan.
- 11Bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes, basting occasionally until catfish flakes easily.
- 12Remove catfish to serving platter.
- 13Granish platter with strips of lime peel.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Style Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 332.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: