Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Thin, pan fried steaks with a zippy sauce. Delicious and quick!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb round steaks or 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- Mince the garlic. Chop the jalepeno pepper.
- Combine the beef broth and cornstarch and stir until smooth.
- Brush a heavy frying pan with oil and heat over medium high heat until hot enough to sear the steaks.
- Add the steaks to the hot pan, in batches if necessary, and cook until browned, about 30 seconds per side.
- Remove the steaks to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat and add 1 T. oil to the pan. Add the minced garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Add the coriander, ¼ t. salt. Cook stirring up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the stock mixture and boil, stirring constantly until thickened. Pour sauce over the steaks and sprinkle with hot pepper and the grated lime zest.