Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tender, moist chicken flavored with tropical spices...yum!
Make and share this Caribbean-Spiced Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 fluid ounces rum
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, rum, and brown sugar; set aside. Mix together the cayenne pepper, clove, cinnamon, ginger, pepper, salt, and thyme leaves. Brush the chicken with oil, then coat with the spice mixture.
- Place in a roasting pan, and bake about 90 minutes, until the juices run clear or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F. Baste the chicken with the sauce every 20 minutes while it's cooking. Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before carving.