Recipe by Caribbean Sol
This is a light, high protein, heart healthy, hearty salad that can be fixed anytime. There are many bold flavors, textures, and aromas associated with this salad that make it as pleasing to the senses as it is to the palate.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great salad! I made half a recipe and it was just enough for the two of us. I used all fresh from the garden herbs and it is great. I did add artichoke bottoms to the salad and used roasted chicken instead of using fresh. Served with Recipe #17977.
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano (if you can get fresh, use fresh and mince finely)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or you can use fresh, remember to mince finely)
- 1 dash minced parsley
- 1 dash minced chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 heads lettuce (Iceberg, Romaine, red...your choice)
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and coarsly chopped, these are the long, thin almost seedless kind
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin rings, soak in ice water for 10-15 minutes to soften the taste
- 3⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 8 ounces hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (more if you choose)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- lemon pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup cracked pepper
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together olive oil, worcherstershire sauce, red wine vineger, mustard, and lemon juice; until blended well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients then set aside in refrigerator to chill.
- Combine all ingredients and toss in large bowl to mix well.
- Dip breasts in lemon juice and place in searing pan coated with non-stick olive oil spray, add pepper and sea salt to taste.
- Sear chicken until cooked through.
- Slice chicken (against grain).
- Lower heat in searing pan, pour remaining lemon juice and pepper in pan.
- Return sliced chicken to pan and cover. (This keeps the chicken moist and warm until you are ready to serve).
- Add dressing from refrigerator to salad and toss to coat salad.
- Add sliced chicken breast on top.
- Serve and enjoy!