Caribbean Sol's Note:
This is a light, high protein, heart healthy, hearty salad that can be fixed anytime. There are many bold flavors, textures, and aromas associated with this salad that make it as pleasing to the senses as it is to the palate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano (if you can get fresh, use fresh and mince finely)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or you can use fresh, remember to mince finely)
- 1 dash minced parsley
- 1 dash minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 heads lettuce (Iceberg, Romaine, red...your choice)
- 3 roma tomatoes, seeded and coarsly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and coarsly chopped, these are the long, thin almost seedless kind
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin rings, soak in ice water for 10-15 minutes to soften the taste
- 3/4 cup kalamata olive
- 8 ounces hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 2Whisk together olive oil, worcherstershire sauce, red wine vineger, mustard, and lemon juice; until blended well.
- 3Stir in remaining ingredients then set aside in refrigerator to chill.
- 5Combine all ingredients and toss in large bowl to mix well.
- 7Dip breasts in lemon juice and place in searing pan coated with non-stick olive oil spray, add pepper and sea salt to taste.
- 8Sear chicken until cooked through.
- 9Slice chicken (against grain).
- 10Lower heat in searing pan, pour remaining lemon juice and pepper in pan.
- 11Return sliced chicken to pan and cover. (This keeps the chicken moist and warm until you are ready to serve).
- 13Add dressing from refrigerator to salad and toss to coat salad.
- 14Add sliced chicken breast on top.
- 15Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Sol's Mouthwatering Grilled Chicken Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1089.8
- Calories from Fat 807
- Total Fat 89.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.0 mg
- Sodium 1476.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 40.7 g