Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in Cooking Light Feb 2008 magazine. Sounds delicious!
- 4 cups cooked shrimp, chopped (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash salt
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup mango, chopped and peeled
- 1 cup radish, julienne cut
- 1⁄4 cup avocado, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Combine shrimp, 2 T rice vinegar, and chili garlic sauce in a large bowl; toss well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine remaining rice vinegar, oil, and next 6 ingredients (through salt)in a small bowl, stirring with whisk.
- Place 2 C spinach on each plate; top each with 1 C shrimp mixture. Arrange 1/4 C mango, 1/4 C radishes, and 1 T avocado around shrimp on each plate. Top wach serving with 2 T green onions and 1 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds. Drizzle each salad with 2 T vinaigrette.
Yum! When I tried the dressing by itself I thought that it would be too strong flavoured for my family but when I put the salad together the flavours really worked well! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This was a wonderful combination of flavors and textures ~ DH loved it. I didn't have sunflower seeds, so used toasted pumpkin seeds instead. Very healthy salad and easy to make. I used fresh rock shrimp. Thanks for posting ~ this is another new favorite for the keeper cookbook! Made for Spring PAC 2010!
This is CRAZY easy to make and deeeeeliiicious!!!! My husband loved it, said it had lots of taste! I will definitely make the salad dressing again, it would be good on almost any type of salad.