I found this recipe in Cooking Light Feb 2008 magazine. Sounds delicious!
Make and share this Caribbean Shrimp Salad With Lime Vinaigrette recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked shrimp, chopped (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash salt
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup mango, chopped and peeled
- 1 cup radish, julienne cut
- 1⁄4 cup avocado, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Combine shrimp, 2 T rice vinegar, and chili garlic sauce in a large bowl; toss well. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine remaining rice vinegar, oil, and next 6 ingredients (through salt)in a small bowl, stirring with whisk.
- Place 2 C spinach on each plate; top each with 1 C shrimp mixture. Arrange 1/4 C mango, 1/4 C radishes, and 1 T avocado around shrimp on each plate. Top wach serving with 2 T green onions and 1 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds. Drizzle each salad with 2 T vinaigrette.
Yum! When I tried the dressing by itself I thought that it would be too strong flavoured for my family but when I put the salad together the flavours really worked well! Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This was a wonderful combination of flavors and textures ~ DH loved it. I didn't have sunflower seeds, so used toasted pumpkin seeds instead. Very healthy salad and easy to make. I used fresh rock shrimp. Thanks for posting ~ this is another new favorite for the keeper cookbook! Made for Spring PAC 2010!