Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Uncle Ben's Rice
- 1⁄2 cup uncle ben's original converted brand rice
- 2 ounces cooked shrimp, fresh or 2 ounces shrimp, canned
- 3 tablespoons pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 3 salt and pepper
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Chop pepper and celery.
- . Mix pepper and celery with rice and pineapple.
- Check seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with shrimps.
I really enjoyed this dish for dinner tonight. I have to admit that I was a little unsure about whether this was supposed to be hot or cold. The rice was hot (obviously!) after cooking it so I just rinsed it with cold water to cool it down. I also used red and yellow pepper with the green because I prefer them. Also, the addition of green onion was great, as was the fresh instead of canned pineapple, which I used more of than listed. Make sure not to forget the salt and pepper! Made for the Tasty Testers for ZWT9. Thanks Charlotte J! :)
Delicious! I used brown rice incited of Uncle Ben's, otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks for sharing, made for ZWT9
Easy salad with light flavors. Great for a light summer time meal. I used a red bell pepper here for color and because I did not have any green. I made the rest as directed and after tasting I added more pineapple. I would make this again next time adding a bit of green onion. Thanks for a nice recipe! *Made for ZWT5*