Recipe by cookiedog
This recipe by Jane Black of the Washington Post has everything you need to satisfy- Grilled shrimp, creamy avocado, sweet mango and a bit of tang from the lime juice.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt, plus more as needed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 mango, cut into thin slices (champagne)
- 1⁄2-1 Hass avocado, cut into 3/4 inch dice (or 1/2-1 red onions, cut into 5 - 6 very thin slices)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sea salt and cumin in small bowl. Lightly dust shrimp with mixture.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in medium skillet over high heat; swirl to coat pan evenly.
- Add shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until they are just opague, then turn them over and ocok for 30 seconds or so. Remove from heat.
- Fan mango slices on a dinner plate.
- Arrange shrimp, avocado and red onion on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, then drizzle with remaining tablespoon of olive oil and lime juice.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.