1/1 Photo of Caribbean Shrimp in Lime Sauce, Flambeed With Rum
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Recipe from Spring/99 issue of Gusto Magazine, donated by Daniel et Daniel Catering, Toronto. I prepared this dish for a "Caribbean Theme", birthday barbecue for 20 guests, by adjusting the recipe, times 5. It worked very well, and was a popular dish. Because the recipe was increased, times five, it had to be cooked in two batches, using two skillets at a time, on the barbecue. Flambe on a barbecue presents a small challenge but it can be done. There were no leftovers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml finely chopped garlic
- 7.39 ml minced fresh ginger
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 78.07 ml dark rum
- 2 limes, juice of
- 177.44 ml coconut milk, plus
- 29.58 ml coconut milk
- 59.14 ml 35% cream
- cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, zest of
- 15 leaf fresh coriander
- 14.79 ml julienned red pepper
- 1Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- 2In a medium-heavy bottom skillet, over medium heat, saute shrimp, garlic and ginger in oil about 3 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure garlic and ginger do not burn.
- 3Add rum and flambe shrimp.
- 4Add lime juice and simmer about 1 minute.
- 5Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- 6Add coconut milk, 35% cream, cayenne pepper and lime zest to pan; bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- 8Return shrimp to pan until heated through.
- 9Do not allow sauce to boil.
- 10Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- 11Garnish with coriander and red pepper.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Shrimp in Lime Sauce, Flambeed With Rum
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 12.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of