Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has a tangy lime dressing. Peaches or mango can be used instead of nectarines. Make sure they are ripe. Buy precooked shrimp to save time. Cook time is chilling time.
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (1 /2-inch)
- 22.18 ml honey
- 0.59 ml hot pepper sauce
- 453.59 g medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 nectarines, cut in thin wedges (2 3/4 cups)
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced thin lengthwise
- 118.29 ml red onion, thinly sliced
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaf, cut in thin strips
- 946.36 ml spring greens (or your favorite lettuces)
- Process dressing ingredients in blender or food processor until ginger is finely chopped. Pour into a large salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except greens (or lettuce) and toss to mix and coat.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place greens (or lettuces) on chilled plates and top with chilled salad mixture.
I love the flavors in this salad, and it was nice how quick and easy it was to make. The nectarines were my favorite part- I love them, but have never had them in a salad. I added a chopped serrano salad to the mixture, so my salad was very spicy as well as sweet. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]