Recipe by Outta Here
This has a tangy lime dressing. Peaches or mango can be used instead of nectarines. Make sure they are ripe. Buy precooked shrimp to save time. Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by rpgaymer
I love the flavors in this salad, and it was nice how quick and easy it was to make. The nectarines were my favorite part- I love them, but have never had them in a salad. I added a chopped serrano salad to the mixture, so my salad was very spicy as well as sweet. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (1 /2-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 nectarines, cut in thin wedges (2 3/4 cups)
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced thin lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut in thin strips
- 4 cups spring greens (or your favorite lettuces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Process dressing ingredients in blender or food processor until ginger is finely chopped. Pour into a large salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except greens (or lettuce) and toss to mix and coat.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place greens (or lettuces) on chilled plates and top with chilled salad mixture.