Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This has a tangy lime dressing. Peaches or mango can be used instead of nectarines. Make sure they are ripe. Buy precooked shrimp to save time. Cook time is chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled (1 /2-inch)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 nectarines, cut in thin wedges (2 3/4 cups)
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced thin lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut in thin strips
- 4 cups spring greens (or your favorite lettuces)
- Process dressing ingredients in blender or food processor until ginger is finely chopped. Pour into a large salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients except greens (or lettuce) and toss to mix and coat.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Place greens (or lettuces) on chilled plates and top with chilled salad mixture.
I love the flavors in this salad, and it was nice how quick and easy it was to make. The nectarines were my favorite part- I love them, but have never had them in a salad. I added a chopped serrano salad to the mixture, so my salad was very spicy as well as sweet. [Made & Reviewed for PRMR]