Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very filling dish that will surprise you with its taste.
- 3 cups of uncooked penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb of fully cooked low-fat turkey kielbasa or 1⁄2 lb of fully cooked low-fat turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 mangoes or 1 peach, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added whole tomatoes, undrained
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a 12 inch non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the sausage, bell peppers, and onion in oil, stirring occasionally, until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the flour, cilantro, cloves, mango and tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.