Recipe by Sherrybeth
Refreshing on a hot summer day when you don't feel like heating up the kitchen or makes a beautiful addition to a buffet.
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm, drained
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large avocados, peeled & pitted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium to large shrimp (cooked, peeled & deveined)
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, grated
- lettuce leaf
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the hearts of palm, tomatoes and avocados into 1 inch cubes.
- Combine in a medium bowl and lightly mix.
- Pour just enough dressing into this mixture to lightly coat.
- Line a large platter or plate with lettuces leaves.
- Mound the coated vegetables in the middle, then surround the vegetables with the shrimp.
- Sprinkle with asiago cheese and serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
- Combine sour cream, Miracle Whip, lime juice, onions, jalapeno, chili powder and mustard in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- This dressing can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.