Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a refreshing salad with a caribbean flavour. I prepare it just as the recipe below indicates, but you can add diced ripe mango pieces or pineapple chunks to it if you prefer a more fruity flavour.
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 1⁄2 cups roast chicken, shredded or cubed
- 2 cups scallions, chopped very finely
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1⁄2 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mix oil, lime juice, zest, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Right before serving time, put spinach leaves and scallions into a salad bowl.
- Add oil/lime juice mixture over it.
- Add chicken and avocado.
- Sprinkle cilantro over the top.
- Toss lightly and serve.