Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT5. From Chef Michele Stalnaker, a consultant for Pasquale’s Restaurant and The Char in Beckley, WV, recipe on http://www.register-herald.com/features/local_story_323202448.html. Preparation time includes 24 hours of refrigeration before serving.
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the curry, turmeric, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the water, yogurt, raisins, and onion. Stir until well blended.
- Mix in the cider vinegar, rice, and diced peppers.
- Stir until combined, cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Makes eight 4-ounce servings.
Good. Something was missing, not sure what. I will certainly make again and perhaps, use a brown rice. made for photo tag.
this was very good although I did a few amount adjustments and also added in some garlic powder and cayenne pepper, I used brown rice which really gave it a nice flavor, thanks for sharing Kate!
This was a very tasty rice salad. I used Carib yellow curry and just finely-minced 1/2 a very small red onion, but I know I had more than the 1tblsp called for. I liked the savoury elements with the sweet of the raisins. Went great with some grilled chicken kebabs.