Recipe by JazzyCooking
I had a craving....for something sweet, but good for me....ok....I had a craving for something SWEET! PERIOD!! So, I opened the pantry to see what I could find, and I noticed the rice and coconut milk and instantly thought about "rice pudding"! Here's my culinary creation that hits any sweet-spot!
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice (I use Jasime)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup spiced rum
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup white raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, add water, salt, and rice. Bring to boil in saucepan, cover and lower heat to low simmer for approximately 8 or 9 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of half & half, rum, coconut milk, and sugar. Turn heat up till mixture begins to boil, then reduce to low simmer uncovered for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together remaining 1 cup half & half, egg, and vanilla. Pour slowly into the rice mixture, whisking quickly to prevent eggs from cooking too fast. Stir in raisins. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve warm or chilled.
- Try topping it with chopped mangos!