Recipe by Rita~
This side or a vegetarian main is loaded with flavor and texture. I made this in a rice cooker if you Add more water will increase the cooking time and produce softer rice; reducing the amount of water will produce firmer rice. But once you've found the ratio that's right for you, it'll be very easy to have perfect rice your way. Yes you can make stove top as well. Be sure not to remove the lid till done cooking.
- 236.59 ml white rice, rinsed
- 4.92 ml ground jamaican jerk spice, Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 59.14 ml cilantro or 59.14 ml parsley
- 1 sprig thyme, stem discarded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 177.44 ml finely diced sweet potato
- 78.07 ml toasted coconut
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 78.07 ml diced red pepper
- 236.59 ml chicken broth or 236.59 ml vegetable broth, to cover rice
- lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put aside 1 tablespoon scallions and 1 teaspoon coconut for garnish.
- Place all the rest ingredients in rice cooker. Pour broth 3/4 inch above the level of the rice.
- Press the cook button.
- When done fluff with fork place in a serving dish and top with reserved coconut and scallions place lime along side for garnish and use as wanted.