Recipe by Rita~
This side or a vegetarian main is loaded with flavor and texture. I made this in a rice cooker if you Add more water will increase the cooking time and produce softer rice; reducing the amount of water will produce firmer rice. But once you've found the ratio that's right for you, it'll be very easy to have perfect rice your way. Yes you can make stove top as well. Be sure not to remove the lid till done cooking.
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground jamaican jerk spice, Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1 sprig thyme, stem discarded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup finely diced sweet potato
- 1⁄3 cup toasted coconut
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup vegetable broth, to cover rice
- lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put aside 1 tablespoon scallions and 1 teaspoon coconut for garnish.
- Place all the rest ingredients in rice cooker. Pour broth 3/4 inch above the level of the rice.
- Press the cook button.
- When done fluff with fork place in a serving dish and top with reserved coconut and scallions place lime along side for garnish and use as wanted.