Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yum, delicious rice and pigeon peas terrific for a meatless dinner. Goya brand pigeon peas are a great brand and easy to find. Try this, you will love it.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 10 ounces condensed chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 15 ounces pigeon peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet saute onion and garlic in hot olive oil until translucent.
- Add rice, water, condensed chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat.
- Simmer for 25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in pigeon peas and salt.