Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you like some spice then add in some cayenne pepper. You can make this hours in advance and chill, and the complete recipe can be doubled to 5 cups cooked rice. Prep time does not include cooking the rice.
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 4.92 ml minced garlic (no more than 1 teaspoon or less of fresh garlic, as it will be too overpowering!)
- 4.92 ml sugar (optional)
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 591.47 ml cooked long-grain rice (room temperature or cold, about 1 cup uncooked)
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 283.49 g can canned corn niblets, well drained
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (can use more or less)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, Dijon, cumin and garlic until well blended; season with salt and pepper to taste, add in some sugar if you find that the dressing is too strong.
- In a medium bowl combine the cooled or cold cooked rice, black beans, corn niblets, bell peppers and green onions.
- Add in enough dressing to moisten; toss to combine (you don't have to use the full amount of dressing).
- Season once again with salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper).
- Can be made hours ahead, cover and chill.