Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 cups white rice, cooked in chicken broth (1 c. raw rice)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pimiento or 1 roasted red pepper, short thin strips
- 1⁄2 green pepper, short thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 5 -10 dashes hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Start rice.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add pimientos or red peppers, green peppers and garlic and saute for two minutes.
- Add the black beans, vinegar and hot sauce to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Stir in rice and cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
This is a great recipe and I made it as directed. Went very well with Crock Pot Creole Pork Roast. Thanks, adopt a greyhound!