Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Another Andrew Weil, M.D. recipe that I just changed just slightly. This is very well received
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large pimiento, thin strips or 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into short thin strips
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 -10 dashes Tabasco sauce (can use another hot sauce)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add pimiento, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute 2 minutes.
- Add beans, Tabasco, and vinegar.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover nd simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and cilantro. Stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.