Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A favorite from USA Rice Council.
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut, grated,toasted
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine rice, mandarin oranges, pineapple, red pepper, almonds, coconut, green onions, chutney and ginger in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir and cook until ingredients are blended and thoroughly heated.
- Serve with grilled or broiled shrimp.
- *Totoast coconut, spread grated coconut on an ungreased baking sheet and toast at 300 degrees F.
- for 1 minute.
Very easy and good. I actually used coconut that I had toasted with brown sugar for a dessert recipe I made previously and it was great in the recipe.
This rice was a huge hit with everyone at a Teacher Appreciation Luncheon and my husband's office party. I measured and chopped all the ingredients ahead of time and placed in baggies. The next day, I used an electric skillet to saute the ingredients in front of the guests and the smell was so appetizing, they could not wait to try it.
This was delicious. I had a huge party and multiplied the recipe many times in order to feed everyone. I made it ahead of time, and stir fried it to heat it up. It was still wonderful. The fruit and coconut was exceptional in the rice! Thanks!