1/1 Photo of Caribbean Rice
1 hr 6 mins
From Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup long grain rice (Uncle Ben's)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 3/4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (or 1/4 t. dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1Bring broth and coconut milk to a boil in a medium-size pan over med-high heat; add in rice.
- 2Cover, decrease heat, and simmer 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed; remove from heat and keep warm.
- 3Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in onion; stir/saute 5 minutes.
- 4Decrease heat to medium; add in squash; cook 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in thyme and remaining ingredients; cook 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add rice to squash mixture, stirring to combine; serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Rice
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk