Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry - The addition of black beans, to what may seem to be a familiar family favorite, is just what is needed for a little change of pace. This salad is really simple to put together using Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions and canned black beans.
- 2 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- fresh chives, chopped (to garnish)
- Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled potatoes, eggs, beans, and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise.
- Pour over potato mixture and stir well to coat all the ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.