Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry - The addition of black beans, to what may seem to be a familiar family favorite, is just what is needed for a little change of pace. This salad is really simple to put together using Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions and canned black beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- fresh chives, chopped (to garnish)
- 1Cook potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes; set aside to cool.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cooled potatoes, eggs, beans, and green onions.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, vinegar, salt, pepper, and mayonnaise.
- 4Pour over potato mixture and stir well to coat all the ingredients.
- 5Garnish with chopped chives, if desired.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Potato and Eggs Salad
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.5 mg
- Sodium 185.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
white wine vinegar