Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Comes from the box of Tabasco Habanero Sauce that I bought the other day
Make and share this Caribbean Pork With Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large lime, juice of
- 3 teaspoons tabasco habanero sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 large lime, zest of, grated
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks or 2 cups canned pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- Season pork with salt.
- Combine lime Juice, 2 teaspoons TABASCO Habanero Sauce and oregano, and drizzle over pork, toss until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add pork and cook until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a shallow baking dish.
- Add onion to skillet with drippings and place over medium heat, cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, raisins, lime rind and remaining 1 teaspoon TABASCO Habanero Sauce and cook 5 minutes longer, then pour over pork.
- Cover pork and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine pineapple and rum in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Spoon pineapple over top of pork and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer.
Oh, wow. We have a definte winner here! We all really enjoyed this wonderful Caribbean dish. I used boneless pork chops, and followed the recipe as written. It was very delicious, and we all enjoyed it. I will make it again, and I cannot see that I will change it in any way. Thanks, Charlotte J. Made for ZWT7, Mischief Makers team.