Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of the best things I ever made, partially because I LOVE pork tenderloin and partially because I love avocados. The spice rub makes a nice, crisp coating on the pork.
- 2 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple in juice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare spice rub first by combining the brown sugar, coarse salt, cinamon, cumin, pepper and allspice.
- Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat.
- Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and place pork on pan, rub all over with oil.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork, coating it evenly.
- Broil, turning occasionally, about 15-20 minutes (thermometer will read 150F).
- Meanwhile, make the avocado-pineapple salsa by draining the juice from the pineapple into a small bowl.
- Finely chop pineapple and add to the bowl of juice along with the scallions and avocado. Season with a little salt and pepper, toss gently to combine.
- When pork is finished, slice thinly and serve with the salsa.
- To save the salsa as leftovers, line the bowl with plastic wrap, putting the wrap down into the bowl and directly over the salsa. Then add another piece of plastic wrap over the top, like normal, before refrigerating.
Wow, that was yummy! I omitted the olive oil added about 1/2 cup rinsed black beans and served over hot Jasmine rice. Fabulous dinner in less than 30 minutes. I will definitely make this again.
This was a bit different, but really quite good. Served it with sliced carrots ant couscous; wife loved it. I even ate it the next day for lunch - didn't bother re-heating and it was tasty cold.
I used the rub on salmon steak as well as pork tenderloin and it caramelized the salmon beautifully. Rave reviews all around - my brother is putting this in his 'date dinner' memory bank.