This is one of the best things I ever made, partially because I LOVE pork tenderloin and partially because I love avocados. The spice rub makes a nice, crisp coating on the pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare spice rub first by combining the brown sugar, coarse salt, cinamon, cumin, pepper and allspice.
- 2Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches from heat.
- 3Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil and place pork on pan, rub all over with oil.
- 4Rub the spice mixture all over the pork, coating it evenly.
- 5Broil, turning occasionally, about 15-20 minutes (thermometer will read 150F).
- 6Meanwhile, make the avocado-pineapple salsa by draining the juice from the pineapple into a small bowl.
- 7Finely chop pineapple and add to the bowl of juice along with the scallions and avocado. Season with a little salt and pepper, toss gently to combine.
- 8When pork is finished, slice thinly and serve with the salsa.
- 9To save the salsa as leftovers, line the bowl with plastic wrap, putting the wrap down into the bowl and directly over the salsa. Then add another piece of plastic wrap over the top, like normal, before refrigerating.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Pork With Avocado-Pineapple Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.3
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 1255.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 36.4 g