Recipe by Ck2plz
This recipe comes from recipelion.com. Prep time does not included MARINATING time.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This pork roast and sweet potatoes make a nice meal. I made the recipe as directed and marinated the pork roast for 8 hours. The pork was nice and tender as were the sweet potatoes. The marinade did not seem to penetrate the meat though as we really could not taste the seasonings once it was cooked. I think this pork roast would benefit from a sauce to serve on the side or over the cooked pork. Made for ZWT9 - Caribbean, August, 2013.
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled sweet potatoes (2-3 medium)
- 2 medium red onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice for marinade.
- Combine reserved juice, brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, thyme and red pepper in 1 3/4 quart colander bowl. Add garlic cloves pressed with garlic press.
- Place roast and juice mixture in resealable plastic food storage bag. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using crinkle cutter, cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch slices; cut slices into quarters.
- Cut each onion into 8 wedges and pineapple rings into quarters.
- Remove roast from marinade and place in 9" x 13" Baker. Discard marinade.
- Place vegetables and pineapple around roast.
- Sprinkle roast, vegetables and pineapple with salt and black pepper. Cover with Rectangular Lid/Bowl. Bake 1 hour.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove lid/bowl, lifting away from you. Continue baking 15-30 minutes longer or until thermometer registers 155F for medium.
- Remove baker from oven and let roast stand 10 minutes before carving. Cut about two thirds of roast into thin slices.
- Serve immediately with vegetables and pineapple.
- Wrap and refrigerate remaining roast for up to 4 days for use in Paradise Pita Pockets.