1/1 Photo of Caribbean Pork Roast
5 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is a Pampered Chef recipe. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like something my family would like. I'm posting it here so I don't forget about it. If you try it before I do please let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tst dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 3 lbs)
- 1/2 lb peeled sweet potato
- 2 medium red onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice for marinade.
- 2Combine reserved juice, brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, thyme and red pepper in small bowl. Add pressed garlic.
- 3Place roast and juice mixture in resealable plastic food storage bag. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 4Preheat oven to 350°F
- 5Cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch slices, cut slices into quarters. Cut onion into 8 wedges and pineapple rings into quarters.
- 6Remove roast from marinade and place in baking pan. Discard marinade.
- 7Place vegetables and pineapple around roast. Sprinkle roast, vegetables and pineapple with salt and black pepper. Cover and bake 1 hour.
- 8Remove cover and continue baking 15-30 minutes longer or until meat temperature measure 155°F for medium.
- 9Let roast stand 5 minutes prior to slicing.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried thyme leaves
pork loin roast