Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a Pampered Chef recipe. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds like something my family would like. I'm posting it here so I don't forget about it. If you try it before I do please let me know what you think.
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tst dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (about 3 lbs)
- 1⁄2 lb peeled sweet potato
- 2 medium red onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup juice for marinade.
- Combine reserved juice, brown sugar, cumin, cinnamon, thyme and red pepper in small bowl. Add pressed garlic.
- Place roast and juice mixture in resealable plastic food storage bag. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut sweet potatoes into 2-inch slices, cut slices into quarters. Cut onion into 8 wedges and pineapple rings into quarters.
- Remove roast from marinade and place in baking pan. Discard marinade.
- Place vegetables and pineapple around roast. Sprinkle roast, vegetables and pineapple with salt and black pepper. Cover and bake 1 hour.
- Remove cover and continue baking 15-30 minutes longer or until meat temperature measure 155°F for medium.
- Let roast stand 5 minutes prior to slicing.