Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The nutmeg and cloves are an interesting combination. Marinating time not included in prep time.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cube
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a self-sealing plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate 2-24 hours.
- Remove cubes from marinade; discarding leftover marinade. Thread cubes evenly onto four skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for an hour before using to prevent burning).
- Grill over hot coals 10-12 minutes, turning often, until nicely browned.
- Serve with hot rice and kabobs of grilled fruit & pepper chunks, if desired.
This was a tasty marinade. DH did not like it as much as I did. We sliced the tenderloins in slices. It was very tender. Thanks Vicki. Made for Cookbook tag
Very good marinade with just enough bite to it. The pork was tender, even grilled under the broiler. Made for the Aussie Swap.
I used this to marinade pork loin cutlets instead of kebabs and cooked them on a cast iron grill pan - delicious! I forgot to add the brown sugar and it was noticeable but the other flavours were lovely. Made for ZWT3.