From Favorite Brand Name Recipes Cookbook. Just reading this is making me hungry! Nice to serve on top of a bed of rice or shredded lettuce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut banana in half crosswise, then legthwise.
- 2In a skillet, saute the banana in oil 30-45 seconds, shaking the skillet. Remove the banana.
- 3Add more oil to the skillet if necessary and brown the chops on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- 4Stir in the garlic and ginger, saute lightly. Stir in coconut milk, water, chutney and cayenne.
- 5Spoon mixture over the chops. Cover and simmer 8-10 minutes. Stir in lime juice and remove from heat.
- 6Generously spoon the sauce over the chops and banana and serve with white rice or shredded lettuce.
Browse Our Top Bananas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bananas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Pork Chops With Banana and Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.2
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 123.9 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 41.7 g