Recipe by Becca Bricker
I want to try this, it sounds delicious. I got this recipe from theotherwhitemeat.com.
- 2 boneless pork chops, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In plastic bag, shake together the pork cubes and Caribbean rub to evenly coat the pork. Skewer pork and grill over medium-hot fire for 8 minutes, turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl combine couscous and boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt; let sit 5 minutes. Stir cherries and green onions into couscous.
- Arrange cucumber slices around the edge of four dinner plates; equally portion couscous mixture onto plates; topping with orange slices and pork cubes.
- Stir together oil, orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salads and garnish each salad with some chopped pecans.
- *Or combine 4 teaspoons ground allspice, 1 tablespoon each dried thyme and paprika, 1 teaspoon each cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper for the caribbean rub.