Caribbean Pink Beans and Squash
- In a slow cooker, combine the beans, stock, barley, tomatoes, bay leaf, garlic, allspice, ginger, brown sugar, and chile.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- Add in the squash and sausage; continue cooking for 2 hours, until flavors meld; season to taste with salt.
- Cook bacon in frypan over medium-high heat, until crispy; transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain; then crumble.
- Spoon beans into bowls; garnish with bacon and green onions; serve hot.
- **Suggested beverage—a good Jamaican beer such as Red Stripe.