Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad has a really fresh taste.
- 1 ripe papaya, 2-3 lbs
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml grated ginger
- 0.25 ml salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 0 scotch bonnet chili pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, in thin slices, separated
- Peel, seed and cube papaya into large bite-size pieces.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes, for flavors to blend.
We all loved this salad/salsa (it can be used just like a salsa, I think). Delicately spiced, little flashes of heat that don't overwhelm, and the sweet, sweet papaya. Delicious.