Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad has a really fresh taste.
- 1 ripe papaya, 2-3 lbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 scotch bonnet chili pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, in thin slices, separated
- Peel, seed and cube papaya into large bite-size pieces.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes, for flavors to blend.
We all loved this salad/salsa (it can be used just like a salsa, I think). Delicately spiced, little flashes of heat that don't overwhelm, and the sweet, sweet papaya. Delicious.