Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
Caribbean - ZWT9 www.theperfectpantry.com - States that this originated in Jamaica and goes well with Jerk Chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup mango juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and shredded (approximately 3 large carrots, shredded in food processor)
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1⁄8 cup fresh coriander, chopped, for garnish
- In a non-reactive saucepan, add the first 5 ingredients, bring to boil over medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes, swirling the pan once or twice to dissolve the sugar.
- Add carrots and stir. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until carrots are tender, but not limp.
- Remove carrots from pan, into a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and coriander.
- Serve hot or at room temperature or cold.
Very nice side dish. The ginger, and the juices gives carrots a nice twist. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers"
Tasty carrot dish! I served this room temp and thought it was perfect that way. The ginger gave this a nice zip. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers