- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup mango juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 cups carrots, peeled and shredded (approximately 3 large carrots, shredded in food processor)
- 1⁄8 cup fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 1⁄8 cup fresh coriander, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-reactive saucepan, add the first 5 ingredients, bring to boil over medium-high heat and cook for 2 minutes, swirling the pan once or twice to dissolve the sugar.
- Add carrots and stir. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until carrots are tender, but not limp.
- Remove carrots from pan, into a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and coriander.
- Serve hot or at room temperature or cold.