Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I copied this recipe from a magazine (can't remember which one :( ) and it is light and tasty!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (breasts, thighs and drumsticks)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
- Place chicken pieces on broiler pan.
- Broil 4-5 inches from heat for approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining ingredients together .
- Brush chicken with mixture on both sides.
- Broil for another 5 - 15 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Brush with mixture often during last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Note: Watch carefully after brushing mixture on chicken!
Moist, tasty, but best of all a healthy choice! Love it!!!!!!
Reviewed and enjoyed for ZWT9- an easy chicken dish that makes a great weeknight meal :)
Chicken can be so boring but the spices in this recipe really gave the chicken a wonderful flavor. We served with roasted sweet potatoes for a nice meal. Thank you for sharing--we'll use this recipe over and over again.