1/1 Photo of Caribbean Key Lime Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) cans coconut, flaked
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1To prepare crust, place coconut in thin layer on 2 (10 x 13-inch) cookie sheets.
- 2Toast coconut in 350 degrees oven for 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 3Stir frequently, and watch carefully.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool.
- 5Meanwhile, reduce the oven to 250 degrees.
- 6In small mixing bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks, then slowly beat in superfine sugar until completely dissolved.
- 7Fold in cooled coconut. Press this mixture into greased 9-inch pie plate and bake at 250 degrees for 7 minutes and set. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 8To make filling:
- 9Blend together sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lime rind and rum in large mixing bowl.
- 10Beat in the egg yolks.
- 11Gently mix in sour cream to combine well.
- 12Pour into cooled crust. Swirl meringue over top of filling.
- 13Bake in 350 degrees oven 20 minutes or until meringue is nicely browned.
- 14Cool, then chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 15To make Meringue:
- 16Beat egg whites in large mixing bowl until soft peaks are formed.
- 17Gradually beat in sugar until whites are stiff, but not dry, being sure the sugar is dissolved.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Key Lime Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3858.6
- Calories from Fat 2010
- Total Fat 223.3 g
- Saturated Fat 169.7 g
- Cholesterol 802.5 mg
- Sodium 997.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 411.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.8 g
- Sugars 359.8 g
- Protein 78.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
key lime zest