Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a simple to make recipe and delicious--provided by site www. Trinigourmet.com
- 3 lbs tomatoes
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut tomatoes into fourths.
- Put in saucepan & simmer with salt & vinegar until soft.
- Strain through a course strainer (liquid will be very runny).
- Return to saucepan with sugar.
- Continue to simmer until mix thickens.
- Add mixed spice, stir well, taste for seasoning.
- When very thick pour into sterilized bottles.