This is a Dole recipe, posted for ZWT II 2006 Caribbean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 12 ounces boneless pork loin chops or 12 ounces chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2 bananas, medium firm, cut diagonally into 1/4 inch pieces
- hot cooked rice (optional) or noodles (optional)
- 1Stir together1/2 cup juice, mustard, thyme and red pepper in small bowl and set aside.
- 2Place pork in large, non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. Cook and stir pork over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Remove pork from skillet.
- 3Add remaining 1/4 cup juice to skillet, stir in raisins and green onions. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- 4Stir in Pork and reserved mustard mixture; cover and cook 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bananas. Serve over hot rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Jerk-Style Pork
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 200.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 19.9 g