Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and simple recipe that is as appropriate for a tailgate party as it is to serve your boss or in-laws. Serve as a finger food with or without cocktail sauce. Or for a sit down dinner, serve over greens with an Asian style dressing, or with a stir fry of veggies prepared the same as the shrimp in a separate skillet or wok and cooked about 10 minutes on slightly lower heat.
- I use 1 pound jumbo shrimp, precooked frozen, peeled and deveined, tails can be either on or off.
- The most important thing to remember with this recipe is to completely thaw the precooked, frozen shrimp in a colander. When most of the water drains off, pat dry the shrimp as much as possible with paper towels. (Or start with fresh, peeled, deveined shrimp, precooked. A lot of grocers will steam them at no extra charge.).
- Turn your burner on medium high (almost high) and set your large non stick skillet or wok over the burner. When skillet begins to get really hot, but NOT smoking, quickly add the melted butter and shrimp.
- Sprinkle on the Caribbean Jerk Seasoning to taste. It's hot and spicy so be careful if you don't like the heat.
- Keep the shrimp moving in the pan, glazing the shrimp with the hot butter and spices.
- Cook just until hot and slightly browned. (only about 3 minutes or even less depending on the heat of your skillet).
- You can also make these in the broiler or on the grill after tossing the shrimp in melted butter, sprinkling on Caribbean Jerk Seasoning and spreading them on a broiler pan or open grill. Broil for only 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely.
Great recipe and quick to prepare. I followed the directions exactly, patted the shrimp dry, put the butter in the already hot pan...etc., and they turned out great. These are extra spicy and great little finger foods to nibble on. Thanks for sharing!