1/1 Photo of Caribbean Jerk Shrimp
This is a quick and simple recipe that is as appropriate for a tailgate party as it is to serve your boss or in-laws. Serve as a finger food with or without cocktail sauce. Or for a sit down dinner, serve over greens with an Asian style dressing, or with a stir fry of veggies prepared the same as the shrimp in a separate skillet or wok and cooked about 10 minutes on slightly lower heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I use 1 pound jumbo shrimp, precooked frozen, peeled and deveined, tails can be either on or off.
- 2The most important thing to remember with this recipe is to completely thaw the precooked, frozen shrimp in a colander. When most of the water drains off, pat dry the shrimp as much as possible with paper towels. (Or start with fresh, peeled, deveined shrimp, precooked. A lot of grocers will steam them at no extra charge.).
- 3Turn your burner on medium high (almost high) and set your large non stick skillet or wok over the burner. When skillet begins to get really hot, but NOT smoking, quickly add the melted butter and shrimp.
- 4Sprinkle on the Caribbean Jerk Seasoning to taste. It's hot and spicy so be careful if you don't like the heat.
- 5Keep the shrimp moving in the pan, glazing the shrimp with the hot butter and spices.
- 6Cook just until hot and slightly browned. (only about 3 minutes or even less depending on the heat of your skillet).
- 7You can also make these in the broiler or on the grill after tossing the shrimp in melted butter, sprinkling on Caribbean Jerk Seasoning and spreading them on a broiler pan or open grill. Broil for only 2 to 3 minutes, watching closely.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Jerk Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 203.0 mg
- Sodium 249.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.1 g