Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great seasoning for carribean/tropical recipe's. Posted for ZWT5 from cooksrecipes.com.
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons crushed dry thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In jar with tight fitting lid, shake together all spices and seasonings. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
I think this combo of spices is very good. It took 2 minutes to make! I used it for Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burgers With Papaya-Mango Salsa. And I have leftover to make some more delicious recipes! Made for ZWT 5.
This Jerk Seasoning was GREAT! Used it on pork chops that we grilled for dinner. Delicious. Will be trying this on other meats. Thank You. Made for ZWT 5, Sultans of Spice
Too Much Sodium: This is a very good spice blend; however, everyone must pay attention to the SODIUM content here--the "Nutritional Facts" indicate 4665.9 mg, which is 194% of the recommended daily requirement. For those who are watching their salt intake, this is way over the limit. I limited the blend to 1/2 tsp. Anyone who wants their jerk chicken with more salt, may add their own at the table.