Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great seasoning for carribean/tropical recipe's. Posted for ZWT5 from cooksrecipes.com.
Make and share this Caribbean Jerk Seasoning & Rub recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons crushed dry thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In jar with tight fitting lid, shake together all spices and seasonings. Store tightly covered at room temperature.
Too Much Sodium: This is a very good spice blend; however, everyone must pay attention to the SODIUM content here--the "Nutritional Facts" indicate 4665.9 mg, which is 194% of the recommended daily requirement. For those who are watching their salt intake, this is way over the limit. I limited the blend to 1/2 tsp. Anyone who wants their jerk chicken with more salt, may add their own at the table.
I love putting it on beans and rice.
I think this combo of spices is very good. It took 2 minutes to make! I used it for Jamaican Jerk Turkey Burgers With Papaya-Mango Salsa. And I have leftover to make some more delicious recipes! Made for ZWT 5.