Recipe by Siava
I'm sure turkey or pulled pork would be just as good in this recipe. This is not intended for folks looking to cut fats. I can't guarantee how this will taste if lowfat ingredients are substituted.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (or cubed)
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup mushroom
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour (or more if needed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or to taste)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR MEAT MIXTURE.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, chicken, onion, bell pepper, seasonings, and salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Saute for approximately 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms. Saute for 2 minutes. The meat should be nicely browned and the onions soft. Remove mixture and set aside.
- FOR SAUCE.
- Using the same saucepan, reduce heat to low. Combine creams and water in a measuring cup large enough to hold it all. When the pan has cooled, melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- *Important!* This is the longest process, but worth the patience (the sauce should not be runny at all. If it is, slowly add more flour until it thickens to the consistency of alfredo sauce).
- Add a little bit of flour, stirring constantly until thickened. Pour in a little bit of the cream/water, stirring constantly. Continue alternating between the flour and liquid at a slow pace to ensure no lumps. After depleting the flour and liquid, add the garlic salt and hot sauce. Continue to stir and simmer for 1 minute. Add chicken mixture and green onions, mix thoroughly, and allow to simmer while making the pasta, stirring periodically.
- FOR PASTA.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain. Add chicken/sauce mixture. Mix thoroughly. Serve with some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top if desired. Enjoy!