Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from the Sea Shack Restaurant in Hilton Head, SC. It's easy to make, and the grouper tastes wonderful! Actual cooking time is just 5 minutes or so, depending on the thickness of your fish. If you can't find grouper, try for snapper, amberjack, or mahi mahi. **Prep time does not include marinating time.**
- 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce, low sodium
- 32 ounces grouper fillets
- In a large bowl, mix the jerk seasoning, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, orange juice, and soy sauce. Place the grouper fillets in the marinade, then cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the grouper fillets from the marinade and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until fish is opaque throughout, turning the grouper every minute.
- Serve immediately, while nice and hot!
I put this on my menu this week, and to my dismay the local grocery didn't have grouper. I used both red snapper and swordfish and it was delicious! Great light and healthy meal!
Good fish recipe. I found some grouper that was on sale at my local supermarket. Will do again. Made for Newest Zaar.